Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Engaged (NOT ME)

Hello everyone!! So this week flew by so dang fast and so much has happened :) First, HAPPY EASTER! I hope you all had a very spiritually uplifting Easter Sunday. I know I did :) 
So on Tuesday Sister Cundick and I went on exchanges with Sister Wright and Sister Lillie. I went to Carmichael and worked with Sister Lillie in the YSA ward. It was really fun and super busy! We taught 2 lessons and then biked around and did a lot of finding. Sister Lillie is really awesome and a super hard worker. We had fun and worked hard. Then we exchanged back on Wednesday and I said goodbye to Sister Wright because she is going home in 2 weeks. After that Sister Cundick and I got a text from Kevin and Sheri and it said "Hey when you get a second come take a look at what happened to our front lawn." We were super confused and the whole way biking there we were trying to guess what it could be. (I'll send a picture) Kevin and Sheri are finally getting married!!!! woohoo Sheri spray painted "MARRY ME" on the front lawn :) :) :) I am so freaking excited!!! They are going to be married at the church by the bishop on the 8th of April and then baptized a few weeks later! Best news ever! They are so happy and they keep telling everyone about their engagement haha so looks like Sister Cundick and I are planning a wedding (my dream come true) 
Thursday we had a really awesome District meeting and we set a zone and district goal for the month of April. I am really excited about April lots of awesome things are happening :) Our district goal is 5 and our zone goal is 8. Sister Cundick and I have made a goal of 3 (Kevin, Sheri, and Spencer) so it is definitely going to push us and stretch us but we know it can happen! Nothing too exciting happened the rest of the week but we did have the Mather ward party on Saturday and the weather was so awesome! We got to help hide the Easter eggs for the primary kids so that was fun :) The whole time at the party Sheri and the other women in the ward were talking about the wedding! The whole Mather ward is so excited for them!! Hooray for fellowshipping haha Saturday night we went tot he stake center with the other Sisters in the zone and watched the General Women's broadcast which was super awesome and I took lots and lots of notes :) I cant wait for conference :) I feel like it is going to be extra special watching it as a missionary because your perspective on everything is so different now (at least mine is haha) 
On Sunday we rode our bikes to church which was a fun early morning ride :)  That's what happens when you run out of miles for the month... whoops :) In the Anatolia ward the sacrament talks were amazing! (they were good in Mather too) Brad Wilcox (awesome church speaker) has a son and he is totally in the Anatolia ward and he gave on of the best talks I have ever heard in a sacrament meeting! I wish I would have recorded it haha It was all about putting away the natural man in us and looking to God for help and direction. Then after church we had a super fun dinner with the Tovar family and then we went to the Cuttings home for dessert and a lesson with Spencer. He is totally into it and progressing really well. He always has lots of good questions so it keeps us on our toes and I love it! He will hopefully be baptized soon :) He shared a cool experience he had that week. He told us that he was driving home and it was like 10:30pm so it was dark and he saw a car pulled to the side of the road with its hazards on but he kept driving because he didn't want to pull over and risk being like jumped or something (this isn't cute little btown folks haha) but he said that when he stopped at the red light like 2 miles ahead he got this feeling that he should turn around and help. So he did and he found out that the car had gotten a flat tire and the lady who owned it was pregnant and had 2 kids in the car, her phone was dead, and she didn't know how to change a tire. So he helped her and went home. He told us that when he was laying in bed that night he realized that the Holy Ghost was probably what prompted him to help her. It was so amazing to see him connect the dots and figure out how the spirit talks with him. He is awesome! 
Well I hope you all have a great week! I love you all :)
Love,
Sister Munk 
PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYDEN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment