Tuesday, February 16, 2016

90 Days

First I want to start by saying Happy Birthday to my beautiful cousin Ellie and Happy Valentines Day :)
 (yesterday) it is freaking my 90th day what?!? 
 This week started out with an awesome lesson with Kevin and Sheri. We read some of the Book of Mormon with them and helped them understand what they were reading.  We talked and read about putting on the armor of righteousness and how important it is to be spiritually strong and firm. Good stuff! It is so cool to look back at the first time I met them to now and see how much they have progressed in the gospel. Sheri really wants to learn and Kevin has such a desire to be baptized. Hopefully in the next few months they will be able to be married and baptized :) We did tons of biking this week so I am pretty sore haha Biking is really fun (when we don't crash) though because you can talk to more people that way. 
On Wednesday we got a phone call from a man who works at the local VA hospital and requested 10 Books of Mormon so we wrote our numbers in all of them and then delivered them. Nothing has happened yet but we keep hoping we get another phone call or something! We have been struggling in our finding efforts. It seems like everyone is way to busy for Christ. It is a really sad thing because when you look at the eternal big perspective of things nothing is more important than the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In Alma 7:7 it talks about that. Go read it :) So anyways we try and talk to everyone we see so that by some miracle we can find someone who is prepared and interested. On Thursday the Hermanas called us and told us that they had a service opportunity for us so we took it! All four of us went to a members home in their area and stained her hardwood floor in her living room. I had no experience doing this and neither did Sister Starnes or the Hermanas so in the end it looked pretty....well pretty bad and we all felt so dumb but the lady was so grateful and assured us that she loved it and thanked us like a hundred times. Haha maybe with a few couches and a rug it will look better. Hahaha This weekend we did exchanges and I knew it was going to be a hard weekend with Andrews birthday so I wasn't very excited about it but they ended up being really awesome! I went to Carmichael with Sister Wright and Sister Calton came to Cordova with Sister Starnes. I got to do some YSA work and I loved it. It was a lot less nerve racking teaching people closer to my age. We taught some awesome lessons and I met some cool people. We even got to go to a baptism for a YSA girl and at the baptism 2 of Sister Wright and Sister Caltons investigators showed up! AND so did one of my Dads Aunts Uva! 
It was so cool to see her :) 
On Sunday we had a really awesome regional conference. It was seriously so dang good! The speakers were Elder Grow from the 70 and he talked about being true to the faith, Bonnie L. Oscarson and she talked about being true disciples of Christ, James J. Hamula who talked about not having fear but faith in the last days, and finally the new apostle Dale G. Renlund who talked about how everything begins with the Atonement. They were all fantastic talks and I loved it because they were all very blunt and straight to the point. Kevin and Sheri were there and they really liked it :) I took tons of notes! So so good :) plus the weather here has been amazing! I think they are having an early spring!! Hooray :) 
It was a pretty good week and I can not believe transfers are this weekend! That flew by so fast!! Well I love you all and hope your week is awesome and full of missionary moments :) look for them and pray for them because missionary work rocks!
Love,
Sister Munk




No comments:

Post a Comment