Tuesday, July 26, 2016

7/11/16 Kirk Baptism

Hello!! Ok so this week has been kind of crazy but it has been awesome
:) We have had a lot of meetings with all the new missionaries and it
was a really good reminder to me of all of the basic things about
missionary work.
On Saturday Kirk was baptized by Bishop Timpson and it was so amazing.
There were a lot of sisters who were able to come for the baptism and
seeing all of them there was a really humbling experience. It just
reminded me that no effort is wasted. Kirk was taught by devoted
missionaries for 2.5 years.... It took a while but it was all worth
it! I am so blessed to be able to see the end of the long journey.
After Kirk was baptized and he was changing sister Kaufusi and I did a
little missionary moment. We taught everyone the restoration and we
nailed it! Haha It was Sister Kaufusi's first time teaching and the
spirit was so strong as she testified. She is a great missionary
already! I keep telling her she is going to train after 6 weeks hahaha
she doesn't like that but she totally could!
On Sunday night we had a miracle! We were biking and I saw this weird
looking dog so we stopped and I asked the man walking the dog what
kind of dog it was. We talked about dogs for a little bit he wasn't
interested in our message about Jesus Christ, but the other man near
by (his uncle) was really friendly. He started talking to us about
prayer and about how he has a strong belief in God and the power of
prayer. He told us some crazy things that he has been through and it
truly is a miracle that he is alive. He told us that he wants to be
baptized again but he is still looking for the right church. It was
awesome!! We read Moroni 10:3-5 with him and he told us he would pray
about it. He was seriously so sincere and we both could tell that the
spirit was touching his heart. Then we asked for his contact info and
his name. His name if JEFF. Sister Kaufusi and I found another Jeff!!!
Oh my I am so excited to go back and teach him more!!
Well I love you all and hope you have a fabulous week!! Shout out to
my best friend Kensington!!! Florida is one lucky place! Go baptized
nations Hermana Kent :) love you all!
Love,
Sister Munk

No comments:

Post a Comment