Tuesday, July 26, 2016

7/5/16 It's a Girl

Hey everyone! Exciting news! First off Happy 4th of July and more
importantly happy Birthday Maka! I hope you got your birthday card. :)
So transfers happened this week and you're never going to believe what
is happening.... I am training again! (In the mission when you train a
new missionary you become either a "mom" if your a sister or a "dad"
if your an elder hence the subject line) What?!? I am so excited :)
Sister Erickson is going to the Sacramento Stake and me and my baby
are staying here in East Sacramento in the Ashton Park Ward!!! There
are tons of sisters that came in this transfer. Sister Cundick, Davis,
Lillie, Limb, Brown, Barnes, and Hermana Stout and Hermana Zaugg are
all training too :) I am so proud of Sister Cundick :) She is going to
kill it and her trainee is just gonna love her! There were 3 Elders
that came in, Sisters are taking over! ;)
Anyways my new missionary is Sister Kaufusi:)  She is from Texas and
she is 19 years old. I am so excited to be with her!! She reminds me
so much of my MTC companion (not just because they are both polys) She
is so fun loving and excited to get to work :) Also we have the same
birthday so pretty much we were meant to be companions! :) These next
2 transfers are going to be seriously awesome. Sorry all the pictures
Sister Kaufusi and I took are on her camera.... I will send some next
week!
So Kirk got his interviews and unfortunately didn't get baptized due
to some minor word of wisdom issues but he was given a priesthood
blessing and has been working really hard and he will be baptized this
coming Saturday instead :) I am really excited for him! He has come so
far and he really wants this in his life.
On Tuesday we had an awesome zone training about sacrifice. We read
through some stories of the early saints and about what they went
through and about all of the sacrifices that they had to make. We also
talked a lot about Joseph Smith and the incredible sacrifices he made
willingly to o bring the gospel to everyone he could. I am so grateful
for the early pioneers and for Joseph Smith. I don't think I could
imagine my life without the gospel or without the Book of Mormon and
it is all thanks to them that we have those things. It made me think
of what more I could sacrifice to show my Heavenly Father that I truly
love him and this gospel. I love this definition of sacrifice found in
true to the faith: "To sacrifice is to give up something we value for
the sake of something of greater worth." It goes onto say that if we
truly have an eternal perspective, then giving up the things of the
world is really no sacrifice at all. I love that because it's so true!
Going on my mission I was pretty sure leaving my phone at home was
going to be hard but when I started thinking about all the time I
wasted on that stupid thing when I could have been reading my
scriptures or something I realized that giving up my phone would bring
more blessings into my life.
Another awesome thing happened this week! Sister Kelley, she is a
returning less active member who we have been working with, decided
that she would be willing to come to 2 hours of church instead of just
the first hour :) After 2 years of no church this is a big step and I
am super excited for her! Sister Kelley is coming back Ashton Park!!!
:)
Oh ya and happy 4th everyone!! I hope you all had a safe holiday full
of family, fun and fireworks!
Well I hope you all have a fantastic week full of happy days and
miracles :) I love you all!
Love, Sister Munk
Ps. Shoutout to my home gurl Nikki Starnes who just returned with
honor on Saturday! Sacramento already misses you!! (Especially me)

No comments:

Post a Comment