Friday, December 4, 2015

Trials...

The Faith of a missionary is remarkable. Sister Munks cousin Andrew returned to live with our Heavenly Father after taking his life at age 17. We will be praying for peace to be with her Uncle Jason, Aunt Erin and cousins Lauren and Cam at this time. After receiving the news from her Mission President this is the letter Sister Munk wrote to Andrews family.

You don't know how much I wish I could be home with all of you right now. The tragic events of the past day are heartbreaking and unbelievable. When President Jardine called and told me he needed to meet with me something told me that what he needed to talk to me about wouldn't be good. I just had a feeling of stress and anxiety when I got off of the phone with him. So on the way to the church I said a quick prayer to myself that Heavenly Father would be with me just in case. When we sat down President Jardine asked if he could start with a prayer so he did and in his prayer he prayed for our family and for our comfort at this time. That is when I knew something was wrong. When the prayer ended he looked at me told me what had happened. I couldn't believe it I was in shock. I started to cry and shake I felt so confused and heartbroken. I could not believe that this was happening to my family. After a little while President asked me to tell him about Andrew. I began to reflect on all of our memories together and I told him all about our fun summer vacations, all the late night movies and games. I told him how smart he is and that he loved sports and being active. I told him that although we weren't extremely close we still loved each other. We still had fun together and he is the only guy cousin close to my age so we had that special bond. I then asked President if he would give me a blessing and he did. During the blessing the most insane thing happened to me. While President Jardine was talking another voice came into my head and I heard "Andrew is ok he is with me" I know and can testify without a shadow of doubt that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and knows us by name. He is with us in the worst times and in the best times if we let him. I know that right now it might be impossible to see that or feel that but I can promise you that if you let him he will comfort you. I am still kind of numb but it makes feel just a little bit better knowing that there lots of members of our family who have crossed through the veil welcoming Andrew home with open arms and I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us. He is very much aware of what is going on with us emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I can testify to all of you that we are not alone in this. We have each other but more importantly we have our Heavenly Father and savior Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ felt all the emotions we have ever felt or ever will feel. I know that all that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have a testimony that the Savior satisfied the demands of justice for us when he stood in our place and suffered for us. If I didn't know these things and if I didn't take the initiative to find out for myself I wouldn't be here. I am here because I have felt the power of the Holy Ghost work miracles in my life. I am here because I believe that we can have eternal families and all be together again. I want to share with others the joy and hope that these things give me. As a missionary I have the blessing of watching people's lives change for the better because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I want you all to know how much I think about you and love you. 
Erin, Jason, Lauren, and Cam: I love you so so much. I am so deeply heartbroken for you guys. Please know that I am praying for you and thinking about you. If you need to talk or vent please email me. I don't know if I will have any answers but I promise that I will try my very best to help you. I encourage you to talk with your Heavenly Father tell him how you feel, be honest with him I promise that he will listen. A scripture keeps coming to mind it is 2 Nephi 4:20-19 "My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep. He hath filled me with his love even unto the consuming of my flesh." I am praying for you guys. I love you and miss you. 
Love Sister Munk 





No comments:

Post a Comment