Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May 2, 2016

Hey hey :)
I want to start this weeks email with the amazing experience I had
yesterday in sacrament meeting during the Mather Ward. Sister Cundick
and I were walking into the chapel and we looked over and saw Sheri
sitting by the bishops office filling out a tithing slip! A sweet lady
from the Ward was sitting next to her helping her and showing her how
to do it. It was such a neat thing to see and I couldn't help but feel
so proud of her :)
Then we walked in and sat down (there was about 10 minutes until
church started) We were looking for Kevin but we couldn't find him and
then Sheri walked in and sat down. We asked her where he was and she
wasn't sure either. Then like 30 seconds later out walks Kevin, Jeff,
and Bishop Fink from the sacrament room. Kevin and Jeff were able to
bless the sacrament for the first time and boy was the spirit strong!
I cried, Sheri cried, the lady sitting a bench away from us was crying
it was so awesome! The whole time I was sitting there during the
sacrament service I was just so grateful to be there and it was like
the past 5 months flew through my head and I knew it was my Heavenly
Father letting me know that this is exactly where I am supposed to be.
I don't even know what I would be doing if I wasn't here. I'm sure
nothing even close to what I am doing now. I couldn't imagine not
going on a mission! If any of you reading this are thinking about
going on a mission my advice to you is pray about it and take it to
the Lord. Then listen and if you get even the slightest feeling that
you should go, GO! I don't think you could ever regret going but you
can and in my opinion will regret not going. Having a front row seat
of the atonement of Jesus Christ at work is.... Well there isn't
anything else like it.
I just want to leave my humble and simple testimony with you that I
know for a surety, without a doubt that this is Christ's church. He is
the head of this church and only in and through him can we truly be
happy. Not just "happy" but eternally happy. I know that Joseph Smith
by the power of God translated the Book of Mormon and restored the
gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that if you read the Book of Mormon you
too can know for a surety that it is true. It truly does testify of
Christ and we are so blessed to have it here today. I say these things
in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ Amen.
Love Sister Munk

No comments:

Post a Comment