Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 30, 2016

Hello family and friends!
This week was kind of a crazy week with transfers but it has been good :)
Someone very wise once told me to "take it one day at a time" and that
has been my motto for the week. Sister Erickson and I have been
getting to know each other better this week and she is pretty cool!
She is a recent convert, she was baptized when she was 21 and she is
now 29. She has been out for 14 months and she is really quirky and
fun to be around. :)
So the Ashton Park Ward is so different from my previous wards....the
Mather and Anatolia wards were young families with lots of kids and
the Ashton Park Ward is a much older Ward. Most of the Ward is 60+
years old :) It's great! I love visiting and meeting with the members
because they all have awesome life stories and they are all super
sweet. So most of what we did this week was less active work :) We
visited some less actives and challenged all of them to say their
prayers morning and night. We left them with the promise that as they
focus on the basic principles of the gospel like prayer, scripture
study, and attending church their lives would change for the better.
The nice thing about older people is that you can be blunt and
straight up and they don't get offended haha which is good for me
because well you know me....
One of the active members we visited are the Davidsons and they are
super missionary oriented and they are always talking to their friends
and neighbors about the gospel :) We were actually able to meet with
some of their friends and talk with them about the gospel. So
hopefully that pans out because their friends are a sweet young
family!!
We also have an investigator named Kirk who has been meeting with
missionaries for about 2 years... Haha mainly he just needs to get
married to his less active fiancé:) Along with some other things....
They are scheduled to be married June 25th and hopefully soon after
that he will be baptized :) Yippee another wedding hahaha
This week I have been reading in the book of Alma for personal study
and something that I read the other day that stuck out to me was in
Alma chapter 29 verses 9 and 14
V9 "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I
do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath
commanded me; yea and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an
instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and
this is my joy".....v14 "But I do not joy in my own success alone..."
I don't know about you but I want so much to be an effective
instrument in the Lords hands! It's also a good reminder to be humble
and give the glory to God and be thankful for what we have. I am so
grateful for the scriptures! I have learned so much from them in the
past 6 months it's awesome :)
Also happy Memorial Day! I am so thankful to all those who defend our
rights and sacrifice their lives for our freedom. I come from some
amazing people who have made a big impact on my life and I are m so
grateful for what they did for the future generations.
Well that's all folks! Have a great week and say your prayers :)
Love,
Sister Munk 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment