Thursday, January 12, 2017

1/2/2017 Happy New Years!!

Hello everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! It is hard to believe that another year has come and gone. We had a super fun New Years :) We met as a zone and had a mini little meeting about how to use Facebook more effectively and then we spent the rest of the time playing signs. It was super fun to just hang out for a little bit! I forgot what hanging out with friends was like haha On the way home Sister Polatis looked at me and said "Sister Munk! Our full mission year is over. We go home this year!" 😕 That's a weird thought. I spent some time this week looking at old pictures and just remembering the good times and the bad times from 2016 and I was just overwhelmed with gratitude for all of it! I am a little nervous about 2017. Thinking about all the changes and decisions that are ahead are a little overwhelming but thanks to our inspired relief society president our relief society lesson on Sunday helped a lot! I decided to base my motto for 2017 off of a scripture verse. Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ, which strenghthenth me." 
I am not very good at keeping New Years resolutions or even making making them.... haha but our district leader left me with a commitment to think of some and make them stick so here it goes. 
Sister Munk's 2017 New Years Resolutions:
  • Read and Study the Book of Mormon every single day! 
  • Be more charitable by seeking out service opportunities. 
  • Continue to strengthen my relationship with the Savior by following spiritual promptings. 
Ok so for the review of the last week! Sister Polatis and I have been biking a lot in hopes of finding some new investigators 🙂 I don't know if it is just because it is the holidays or what but NO ONE has been outside....😑 hahaha but that's ok! We did have a miracle this week though. We were going to try this potential investigator. (someone who has talked briefly with missionaries in the past) We knocked on the door and a man answered and told us that she no longer lives there but we just started talking with him and he opened up to us and told us about all of these hard things he has been through. We testified to him of the power of the atonement and the Book of Mormon and it was just a super spiritual contact. We got his phone number and set up a lesson for the next day!!!! Buuuutttt the number he gave us doesn't work and he wasn't there for the lesson hahaha but we are just hoping that it was all a mistake and we will be able to get in contact with him soon 🤞🏻 
We went on exchanges this week with sister Turner and Cundick and it was awesome! Those two are amazing missionaries and I am so glad we get to work with them! Sister Turner and I got asked if we were sisters like 3 times hahaha which is a huge compliment to me because she is gorgeous! I had a fun time with her and I learned a lot from her. 
Not a lot happened this week...pray for sister Polatis and I that we can find some new investigators!!! 
I hope you all have an awesome start to the new year! Be safe and have fun 😃 
Love you all! 
Love,
Sister Harley Munk 
Ps. lots of people have been asking so.... June 3rd is my release date. 

Our Awesome Zone

Biking in the freezing cold

Exchanges with the sisters

Huge thanks to the Polatis family for the shirt.
Reppin Idaho everywhere I go. Also thanks to Share for the cute
California necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment