Wednesday, December 7, 2016

11/21/16 1 Year down 6 months to go

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has flown by so fast! To start off I hit my year mark this week..... I am officially one of the oldest missionaries in the mission which is super weird. To say time is flying would be an understatement. I took some time this week to sit and reflect on all the growth and changes that have happened this past year. I can honestly say that this year has brought some sad and unfortunate events but even more memorable are the countless spiritual experiences, happy times, and incredible people that I have met. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now. With 6 months on my mission left it has hit me hard that I only have a short amount of time left to become the missionary I want to be. I know that with my saviors help I can accomplish all that he has asked of me. As I was studying this week I came across a quote by Ezra Taft Benson from pmg that I really loved! "We are commanded by God to take this gospel to all the world. That is the cause that must unite us today. Only the gospel will save the world from the calamity of its own self-destruction. Only the gospel will unite men of all races and nationalities in peace. Only the gospel will bring joy, happiness, and salvation to the human family” I know that this statement is true! I am so blessed to have the opportunity to be apart of this great work of bringing the gospel to all the world :) (Even if it just here in Sacramento) I just want to say thank you for all the love and support that I have received this past year. I am so blessed! 
Moving on... Samantha got confirmed this Sunday!!! She was so excited to finally receive the Holy Ghost. She was also really excited to stand up in front of everyone so we could raise our right hands and welcome her into the Ward. Haha she is so funny! The light in Samantha's eyes is hard to miss. The gospel has truly changed her! She has already told bishop she wants a calling so she is ready to rock and roll! I can't wait to see the amazing things I know she will do in the gospel. 
Another fun thing! Sister Kirby is also a hairdresser and she brought her cards so we were able to go to salon centric (I was in Heaven!) and we bought some color, brushes and a bowl and we died Sister Hyde's hair! We pulled 6N from her roots down and left the ends alone. We were kind of going for a melt look. Anyways it was so fun!! And it turned out awesome :) Angie and Kailee you would have been proud my sections were perfectly straight! (Still got it ðŸ˜‰
Now that Samantha has been baptized we are in finding mode!! We as of right now have really no one else progressing. So back on the bikes we go!! So far the weather hasn't been too bad but it has rained for a few days. Also I think I am officially acclimated to California weather because I am always freezing now. One of the members of the YSA Ward is going to byu Provo and we always joke that we are going to die in the Utah winter. It's like 60 and I am freezing! Hahaha 
We were able to read the Book of Mormon with The Harris family and it was super fun. They are the cutest kids in the world! We read 1 Nephi 2 with them and talked about obedience and faith. They seemed to really like it and understand it. The families in the fair oaks 3rd Ward are so sweet and I have loved getting to know them. Our YSA Ward is kind of a struggle. It's so tiny! Plus most of them are leaving in January to go to Utah for school. Sister Hyde and I think it might be dissolved or combined with another YSA Ward soon. :( sad day. 
Well happy thanksgiving everyone!! I hope you all have a fun time with family and friends. Hey you should all go look at my last post on Facebook and comment on it! 
Oh ya and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL MOTHER!! I hope you have an awesome day :) I am so grateful for you and for everything you have taught me. Thanks for being one of my best friends! I miss you!!! ðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜˜ 
Love you all! Have a great week!  
Love,
Sister Harley Munk 

 Love these crazies!!


 Before Pictures

 One of the Happiest days of my life!! #imissthesmellofcolor
 Back on the bikes.
 the cute Harris kiddos
 FLASHBACK to the MTC 1 year ago!!


Happy 1 year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment