Monday, December 19, 2016

12/13/2016 Transfers

Hey everyone I hope your week has been fantastic!! This week has been kind of crazy and it went by so fast! To start off transfers happened and I am staying in Carmichael in the college oak YSA Ward and the fair oaks 3rd Ward :) yay!! My new companion is Sister Polatis:) She is from Blackfoot Idaho and has been out for a transfer more than me. She is a super awesome, hardworking missionary so I am excited about it! Sister Hyde went to the El Dorado zone with good ole Sister Davis :) Fun stuff!! 
This week we had a sweet miracle. So there is this guy named Carlos that sister Hyde and I taught the restoration too when I first got transferred here. (He lives with a less active member of the Northridge Ward) He felt the spirit and liked the message but he was just not in the right place to accept the gospel. So we released him but on Monday Sister Kirby and Sister McDonald went to that less actives house and Carlos was there and he sat in on the lesson with them. They ended up teaching the restoration and Carlos pretty much took over and taught the restoration to them. Crazy right?! He said that he has been reading the Book of Mormon and that he was finally ready to allow the spirit into his heart. He has been clean and sober for like 2 weeks now and he is working as hard as he can to stay clean. He wants to get baptized so bad and I am just so excited for him. It's crazy how different he even looks! You can defiantly tell that his spirit is getting brighter and he is becoming happier as he repents. Repentance is so real and I am so grateful for it. 
Wednesday was an awesome day too! We went to lunch with the other sisters and we met sister Erickson there!! She came back to visit and it was super fun to see her. We went to the new cafe rio!!! Best day ever. I love that place :) After lunch we drove to east sac and worked on there area for a while. It was fun being there and just getting to know the sisters there even more. We have some amazing sisters serving in this mission! I love it :) 
Thursday I had a serious learning experience haha we had scheduled a ton of lessons like seriously we had a lesson almost every hour. I thought hey this is the best!! We will be teaching all day....but then we remembered something that president Jardine said about finding. If we have so many appointments that we don't have time to go out and talk to people we need to have enough faith to cancel some appointments so we can use that time to proselyte. Nothing in missionary work happens if you aren't finding. Well, we thought meh it's fine! Wrong. Heavenly Father definitely has a sense of humor lol the first two appointments cancelled on us right at the last second so we ended up having like 2 hours open up hahaha I now understand how important it is to sacrifice our teaching time to find new investigators:) 
We also had a super awesome last district meeting. It was really spiritual and we were left with the commitment to pray for humility....we'all see how that goes..... 😬 hahaha 
Friday was a sad day. Sister Kirby left us :( I miss her so much!! Buuut the fun news was Sister McDonald got to join us for the rest of the weekend! That was a blast!!!! I am praying we can be companions one day! I am pretty sure we just laughed our heads off the whole 3 days. It was so fun! On Saturday we went to a baptism and Carlos came :) He loved it! And we had a lesson with him afterwards and man he is just so awesome! Then we also got to go to hot live Nativity that they have up by the temple. We met some investigators from the Northridge Ward there and they loved it. The spirit was so strong! :) 
Sunday was awesome! There were some awesome talks given and of course the spirit was strong as always! 
Well sorry mom Sister Polatis and I don't have any pictures yet... but we will soon :) I love you all! Oh ya and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!! I love you and miss you ❤️ 
Have a fantastic week!!

 Lunch with Sister Erickson

 I love Cafe Rio
 Last Zone picture 

 Trio Life
I realized I only have 6 months left....better start losing that mission weight
lol This is for Apen

No comments:

Post a Comment