Wednesday, December 7, 2016

12/5/16 Happy December

Holy Smokes I can not believe it is already December! Well this week was a busy one. We had a mission leadership conference, exchanges, team ups, and zone training!! Zone training was awesome :) We  asked the training off of our awesome MLC like we always do and the zone loved it. We talked about the simplified planning guidelines that we got when we got Facebook. We did a ton of role-plays with the members of our zone. It was so helpful for me especially because planning is where it all starts. If you plan your day effectively then you will have an effective day. Makes sense :) We also talked a lot about joy and how planning effectively will allow us to find more joy in the work. Good stuff!! Sometimes it's hard to get something out of zone training when you are the one standing up there but the spirit was definitely there :) At the end of zone training one of my best friends Sister Kirby gave her departing testimony to the zone. She goes home this week and I am so excited for her to start this new adventure. She is the bomb diggity and I will seriously miss her so much!!! Can't wait to go to hair shows with her and party all day ;) 
Sister Hyde and I got to go on exchanges with the lovely east sac sisters. I went with Sister Cundick and Sister Clemens and Sister Hyde went with Sister Turner. It was super fun to be in my old are again and be with Sister Cundick again!!! She is still the sweetest and such an awesome missionary. (She was trained well ;) ) I couldn't get over how pretty everyone's houses are looking with all the Christmas lights. I LOVE Christmas so much!!! I can not wait to have sacrament meeting on Christmas. 
Then we went and did team ups with the Northridge sisters:) I got to spend about 2 hours with Sister Kirby and Sister McDonald went with Sister Hyde. It was a fun time! 
All of our amazing recent converts are doing awesome :) Samantha is friends with everyone in the Ward which is so nice for Sister Hyde and I. It's a good feeling not having to worry about who is going to give her rides, sit by her, etc. The YSA Ward is so good about being there for her. Yay!! 
We had some miracles this week as well! Our awesome district leader, his comp and our zone leaders all came and we did a blitz in our area. I was really excited because miracles always happen when we do stuff like that and they did! Sister Hyde and I went by and knocked on a former investigators door and he opened it and said "Hey. It's been a while since missionaries have come by." He told us that his life had gotten kind of hard and he could use a message about Christ. But of course right then was a bad time for him so we got a return appointment for Wednesday! 
Then.... sister Hyde and I called another former named Robin and she literally answered and after we told her who we were she said oh awesome can you come by and help me out. We asked her how we could help her and she said well I want more information about being baptized. My jaw dropped and I almost started crying. Sister Hyde and I are so excited! Hard work pays off people!!! So we are meeting with her tonight :) Pray for us! 
I can't think of anything else exciting to tell you. Oh! Sister Kirby and I did another color on sister McDonald's hair this time. We nailed it! ;) I hope you all have an awesome week and see miracles happen in your lives! Love you 😘😘😘
 Zone picture
 Love these sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment